Summary Possess twelve years experience with the State of Alabama Department of Human Resources in Montgomery, Alabama. Thorough knowledge of policy and procedures including analysis, design, implementation, training and troubleshooting large Mainframe system supported with LAN/WAN network. Evaluate system hardware and software problems, write trouble tickets and determine priority. Active participant in system design, implementation and Federal certification. Extensive radio broadcasting background offers great communication skills.
State of Alabama IT Systems Specialist, March 1995 - Present
· Analyze, develop, design, implement and maintain Mainframe/Midrange computer system using CICS and VTAM.
· Analysis and management of mainframe tables and data sets using TSO.
· Evaluate and support of LAN/WAN network. Develop and recommend application and resource priorities, administer changes and adjustments as needed.
· Support and recommend adjustments to mainframe job streams and request JCL job runs.
· Originate, assign and reset security and passwords for mainframe access.
· Perform Customer Support through collaboration with managers and end-users of mainframe system. Analyze hardware and software problems, initiate trouble tickets and elevate priority as needed.
· Design, develop and maintain complex databases and spreadsheets including charts and statistics using mainframe data sets to effectively present to client mainframe response time, number of transactions and terminal usage.
· Designed, developed and implemented training curriculum for mainframe LAN/WAN system, including classroom instruction.
· As team lead, oversaw design, development and implementation of Computer Based Training for mainframe, LAN/WAN system, producing a tutorial that has trained thousands of DHR employees Statewide.
· Design, develop and implement HTML tutorial for State Intranet training Social Workers in Adult & Children Services.
· Perform Functional Analyst duties, responsible for design and development of mainframe layout and functionality through online screen and field help enabling ease-of-use for the customer.
· Responsible for unit testing and acceptance testing before implementation of program modules for mainframe LAN/Wan system.
· Possess excellent skills relating to Federal and State Child Support Policies and Procedures.
· Honored as TRW “Star Award” recipient in 2000.
Radio Broadcasting (Kris O'Kelly)